Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ EDC Crosslinker
Immobilize or conjugate proteins using 1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl) carbodiimide (CAS 25952-53-8), a water-soluble, carboxyl-to-amine crosslinker.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 22981
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 31736-73-9 Weight : 0.80000kg
DescriptionEDC is the abbreviation for 1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl)carbodiimide hydrochloride, a crosslinker that has been used in diverse applications such as forming amide bonds in peptide synthesis, attaching haptens to carrier proteins to form immunogens, labeling nucleic acids through 5Ãƒâ€ phosphate groups and creating amine-reactive NHS-esters of biomolecules. EDC reacts with a carboxyl to form an amine-reactive O-acylisourea intermediate. If this intermediate does not encounter an amine, it will hydrolyze and regenerate the carboxyl group. In the presence of N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide (Sulfo-NHS, Part No. 24510), EDC can be used to convert carboxyl groups to amine-reactive Sulfo-NHS esters.
- Zero-length crosslinker
- Numerous chemical conjugates can be synthesized via available –COOH and –NH2 groups
- Amide bond formed provides a neutral linkage, which is ideal for preparing peptides and antigens
- Adding Sulfo-NHS (Part No. 24510) enhances the coupling reaction at physiological pH conditions
- Reactive groups: carbodiimide
- Reactive toward: carboxyl and amino groups
|65206mL of typical 1X (2mM) reaction solution, or approx. 12500 uses at 2mg reagent per use|
|1-Ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl)carbodiimide hydrochloride; crystalline powder|