Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ BS3-d0 and BS3-d4 Crosslinker Mass Pair
Crosslink amines to amines using these heavy (deuterated) and light matched pairs of an 11.4A, NHS-ester crosslinker for mass spectrometry analysis of protein interactions.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 21595
UNSPSC : 41115404
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 5059-36-9 Weight : 0.05000kg Transport : UN number : 2735 Chem class : 1b Pack group : III
A new strategy to study protein structure and function is rapidly emerging that integrates the proven utility of crosslinking with the power of mass spectrometry (MS) to yield insights into protein tertiary structure and protein complex formation. The reagents introduced here will generate MS patterns in which the resultant crosslinked peptides will differ by 4 mass units after enzymatic digestion of the crosslinked protein or protein complex.
- Well-characterized, high-purity, deuterium-labeled crosslinker and its hydrogen-containing analog
- Instructions edited by an expert in the crosslinking/MS strategy field
- Suberate- and glutarate-based reagent pair - provides a “molecular ruler” option to study inter- and intra-molecular distances to gain structural information not possible with just one reagent
- Efficient and convenient - requires only microgram amounts of protein; an excellent alternative to NMR or X-ray crystallography-based methods that require large amounts of protein, special solvents or crystal formation
- Reactive groups: Sulfo-NHS ester (homobifunctional)
- Reactive toward: amino groups
References Illustrating Applications of Heavy/Light Crosslinking Reagents and Mass Spectrometry Sinz, A. (2003). Chemical crosslinking and mass spectrometry for mapping three-dimensional structures of proteins and protein complexes.J. Mass Spectrom.38, 1225-1237. Dihazi, G.H. and Sinz, A. (2003). Mapping low-resolution three-dimensional protein structure using chemical crosslinking and Fourier transform ion-cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom.17, 2005-2014. Kalkhof, S.et al.(2005).
|Bis(sulfosuccinimidyl) 2,2,7,7-suberate-d4; powder solid|
|17mL of typical 1X (1mM) reaction solution, or approx. 5 uses at 2mg reagent per use|