Whatman™ FTA™ Nucleic Acid Collection, Storage and Purification Cards: FTA Micro
Collect, stabilize, process, transport, and archive samples.
Brand: Whatman™ WB120355
UNSPSC : 41104100
Code : 50
Additional Details : Weight : 0.06000kg
Patented FTA technology simplifies the isolation, storage, and processing of nucleic acids from biological sources including whole blood, buccal cells, and plant material. Sample is applied to the FTA card and allowed to dry; the cells are lysed on contact. The released DNA is captured, stabilized, and protected from nucleases, oxidation, and UV damage.
- DNA from blood stored at room temperature on FTA cards exhibits no loss in PCR efficiency after 22 years and counting
- FTA cards are available in white and as pink indicating cards for colorless fluids
- Pink indicating cards disclose where colorless samples have been spotted by changing to white spot
|Forensics, transgenic identification, transfusion medicine/HLA typing, plasmid screening, food and agriculture testing, drug discovery, genomics, STR analysis, animal identification, whole genome amplification|
|Nonindicating FTA Mini Card|
|250μL blood or 50μL plant homogenate|
Safety and Handling
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- P270-Do no eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ if you feel unwell.
- P330-Rinse mouth.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .