Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Methyl-PEG-NHS-Ester Reagents
Pegylate amines (-NH2 groups) on proteins (lysine residues) or assay surfaces using MS(PEG)n, amine-reactive (NHS ester), methyl-capped PEG compounds (4 to 24 EG units).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 22342
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00100kg
DescriptionMS(PEG)n is the abbreviation for a set of compounds having polyethylene glycol (PEG) spacers with methyl (—CH3) and amine-reactive NHS-ester groups at opposite ends. The unbranched, hydrophilic, discrete-length molecules have the form Methyl-PEGn-NHS Ester, where the subscript “n” denotes 4, 8, 12, or 24 ethylene glycol units. The N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester is spontaneously reactive with primary amines (—NH2), providing for efficient PEGylation of proteins, peptides and other amine-containing molecules or surfaces.
- NHS-activated for efficient PEGylation of primary amines at pH 7-9; reaction of NHS-ester group results in formation of stable, irreversible amide bonds
- Fully characterized PEGylation reagents with defined PEG chain lengths; molecules of discrete molecular weight for consistency of performance in protein-modification applications
- Provided as a series of 4, 8, 12 and 24 ethylene glycol units, enabling modification procedures to be optimized for a specific application while retaining all the benefits associated with protein PEGylation
- PEG spacer provides unique advantages, including increased stability, reduced tendency toward aggregation and reduced immunogenicity
- Easy-to-follow instructions increase the likelihood of a successful outcome
|4-unit ethyleneglycol functionalized with methyl and succinimidyl ends; pale liquid|
|3000mL of typical 1X (1mM) reaction solution, or approx. 500 uses at 2mg reagent per use|