Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Carboxy-PEG-Amine Compounds
CA(PEG)n: pegylated amino acids of the form carboxy-PEG-amine; with 4 to 24 polyethylene glycol units; for surface- and molecule-pegylation applications.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 26123
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00100kg Transport : UN number : 2811 Chem class : 1 Pack group : III
CA(PEG)n is the abbreviation for a set of compounds having polyethylene glycol (PEG) spacers with carboxy (-COOH) and amino (-NH2) termini. The unbranched, hydrophilic, discrete-length molecules have the form Carboxy-PEGn-Amine, where the subscript “n” denotes 4, 8, 12, or 24 ethylene glycol units. The carboxyl and primary amine of each compound provide specific targets for crosslinking and other conjugation methods, making these compounds useful as PEGylation reagents.
- Fully characterized PEGylation reagents with defined PEG chain lengths; molecules of discrete molecular weight for consistency of performance in protein-modification applications
- Provided as a series of 4, 8, 12 and 24 ethylene glycol units, enabling modification procedures to be optimized for a specific application while retaining all the benefits associated with protein PEGylation
- PEG spacer provides unique advantages, including increased stability, reduced tendency toward aggregation and reduced immunogenicity
- Allows site-specific labeling or crosslinking involving primary amines or carboxyl groups on proteins or surfaces
- Easy-to-follow instructions increase the likelihood of a successful outcome
Alternative names: Amino-dPEG-acid; Amino-PEG-carboxylic acid; Carboxy-PEO-amine
Methyl-PEG-Amine Compounds, MA(PEG)n; Other Kinds of PEGylation Reagents
|8-unit ethyleneglycol functionalized with carboxyl and amine ends; solid|
|91mL of typical 1X (25mM) reaction solution|
|NHS esters of EDC-activated carboxylates|