GE Healthcare DeStreak Rehydration Solution
Highly suitable for both analytical and preparative gels. DeStreak Rehydration Solution improves reproducibility and quality of 2-D gels by preventing streaking.
Brand: GE Healthcare 17-6003-19
Code : GE
Additional Details : CAS Number : 1892-29-1 Weight : 0.07000kg
The appearance of streaks that distort 2-D electrophoresis maps is a common problem, occurring most frequently when running gels that contain regions greater than pH 7.0. Increased sample load, increased length of the IPG strip, or using a narrower pH gradient worsen the problem. Extra spots on 2-D gels, caused by nonspecific oxidation of proteins, is another difficulty encountered when running gels containing basic regions. Both streaking and nonspecific oxidation result in poorly resolved protein patterns and reduced reproducibility between electrophoresis runs. DeStreak Rehydration Solution effectively eliminates nonspecific oxidation by maintaining protein thiol groups in a single oxidation state, irrespective of sample load, pH range, or run length. Protein patterns are stabilized in IPG strips of any length and pH gradient ensuring the same stable and reproducible pattern in every analysis. The effectiveness of DeStreak Rehydration Solution is maintained at the high sample loads and long run times required for preparative gel electrophoresis.
- Eliminates extra spots caused by nonspecific oxidation of proteins
- Stabilizes proteins throughout entire 2-D runs, ensuring simplified, well-resolved protein patterns
- Suitable for both analytical and preparative gels
- Contains optimized concentrations of urea, thiourea, CHAPS, and DeStreak Reagent
|Improves reproducibility and quality of 2D Gels by preventing streaking|
|2° to 8°C|
|Optimized concentrations of urea, thiourea, CHAPS and Destreak reagent|
|5 x 3mL|
Safety and Handling
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Reproductive toxicity Category 2
- Carcinogenicity Category 2
- ACUTE AQUATIC Acute 1
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H361d-Suspected of damaging the unborn child.
- H351-Suspected of causing cancer.
- H400-Very toxic to aquatic life.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P201-Obtain special instructions before use.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P308+P313-IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ if you feel unwell.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .