Invitrogen™ eBioscience™ Fixable Viability Dye eFluor™ 506
Can be used to irreversibly label dead cells prior to cryopreservation, fixation and/or permeabilization procedures. Unlike 7-AAD and PI, cells labeled with Fixable Viability Dyes can be washed, fixed, permabilized and stained for intracellular antigens without loss of staining intensity.
Brand: Invitrogen™ 65-0866-18
Code : NEW
Additional Details : Weight : 0.23750kg
- Fixable Viability Dyes may be used to label cells from all species
- Fixable Viability Dye eFluor™ 506 can be excited by the violet (405nm) laser line and has a peak emission of 506nm that can be detected using a 510/50 band pass filter (equivalent to AmCyan)
- For compensation, it is recommended to use a sample of the cells of interest stained with the Fixable Viability Dye
- If the percentage of dead cells is expected to be less than 5%, then it is recommended to take a small aliquot of cells and heat them at 65°C for 1 minute then immediately place on ice for 1 minute. After this treatment, the heat-killed cells can be combined 1:1 with live cells and then stained with the Fixable Viability Dye.
- Fixable Viability Dye eFluor™ 506 is supplied as a pre-diluted solution prepared in high-quality, anhydrous DMSO. It should be protected from light and moisture
- Store at −70°C with dessicant
- It may be freeze-thawed up to 20 times
- Allow vial to equilibrate to room temperature before opening
- Staining may be done before or after surface staining
- Cells may be cryopreserved after staining with no adverse effect on staining intensity of dead cells after thawing
For Research Use Only