Thermo Scientific™ AminoLink™ Plus Immobilization Kit, 2 mL
Covalently couple antibodies and other proteins via primary amines (-NH2) for affinity purification with these aldehyde-activated agarose beads.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 44894
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.37500kg
Thermo Scientific™ AminoLink Plus Coupling Resin and Kits use aldehyde-activated agarose beads for high-yield covalent coupling of antibodies (proteins) via primary amines for preparation of affinity purification columns.The resins and kits use activated beaded agarose and a robust coupling chemistry to immobilize proteins and other ligands through primary amines (-NH2) to the resin. Once an antibody or other ligand is immobilized, the prepared affinity resin can be used for a variety of purification methods involving batch or column chromatography. The resin and linkage are stable in binding and elution conditions typically used in affinity chromatography, enabling prepared resin to be used for at least 10 rounds of affinity purification.
The AminoLink Plus Coupling Reaction involves spontaneous formation of Schiff base bonds between aldehydes (on the support) and amines (on the ligand) and their subsequent stabilization by incubation with a mild reductant (sodium cyanoborohydride). The entire coupling reaction, called reductive amination, occurs in 4 to 6 hours in simple non-amine buffers such as PBS. Coupling efficiency with antibodies and typical proteins is generally greater than 85%, resulting in 1 to 20mg of immobilized protein per milliliter of agarose beads.
AminoLink Plus Coupling Resin–aldehyde-activated crosslinked 4% beaded agarose
Ideal for antibodies and other proteins– immobilize molecules via primary amines (-NH2)
Flexible coupling conditions– efficient ( >85%) coupling over a wide range of pH (4-10) and buffer conditions (PBS or other non-amine buffer with or without organic solvent); regular (PBS, pH 7.2) and enhanced (borate, pH 10) coupling protocols provided
Stable, permanent immobilization – coupling reaction results in stable, leak-resistant secondary amine bond between resin and ligand
Better than immobilization to CNBr-activated agarose – bond is more stable and uncharged, resulting in less nonspecific binding in affinity purification procedures
Versatile and reusable – prepared affinity resin is adaptable to column and batch affinity techniques and the resin is reusable for typical applications based on protein binding interactions
Convenient kits and product sizes – choose 1- or 5-column kit containing complete sets of buffers, reagents and versatile spin/drip columns, or select bulk resin; bulk quantities available for manufacturing applications
Kits contain AminoLink Plus Columns, neutral and enhanced coupling buffers (Part No. 44894 only), quenching buffer, wash solution, sodium cyanoborohydride solution, and column accessories
|5 Column Kit|
|Immobilization of 2 to 40 mg of protein per column|
|15 mL Conical, Kit, Spin Column|
|Antibodies and other proteins through primary amines|
|Affinity, Agarose Resin|
|Multi-component kit with 5 x 2mL resin columns|
Safety and Handling
- AMINOLINK PLUS IMMOBILIZATION KIT
- Acute toxicity Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- ACUTE AQUATIC Acute 1
- H300-Fatal if swallowed.
- H310-Fatal in contact with skin.
- H330-Fatal if inhaled.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H400-Very toxic to aquatic life.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P262-Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P331-Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P361 + P364-Take off immediately all contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Sodium chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphatedibasic, Sodium carbonate, Anhydrous citric acid, TRIS Base