Whatman™ FTA™ Nucleic Acid Collection, Storage and Purification Cards: FTA PlantSaver
Collect, store, and transport DNA at room temperature
Brand: Whatman™ WB120065
UNSPSC : 41104100
Code : 69
Additional Details : Weight : 0.47000kg
Patented FTA technology simplifies the isolation, storage, and processing of nucleic acids from biological sources including whole blood, buccal cells, and plant material. Sample is applied to the FTA card and allowed to dry; the cells are lysed on contact. The released DNA is captured, stabilized, and protected from nucleases, oxidation, and UV damage. DNA from blood stored at room temperature on FTA cards exhibits no loss in PCR efficiency after 22 years and counting. PlantSaver™ Cards capture a variety of plant DNA including transgenic species, and feature a laminated flap that allows the plant sample to be pressed into the FTA matrix without damaging the card.
- Capture nucleic acid in one easy step
- Captured nucleic acid is ready for downstream applications in less than 30 min.
- DNA collected on FTA Cards is stable for years at room temperature
- FTA Cards are stored at room temperature before and after sample application, reducing the need for laboratory freezers
- Suitable for virtually any cell type
- Indicating FTA Cards change color upon sample application to facilitate handling of colorless samples
- FTA Cards are available in a variety of configurations to meet application requirements
- Custom configurations are available on request
- Both indicating and non-indicating cards available
- Starter Kit includes 20 FTA PlantSaver Cards, 2.0mm Uni-Core Punch and two cutting mats, Purification Reagent, one nitrile glove with one cutting mat, one round bottom test tube for sample crushing, instructions
|Forensics, transgenic identification, transfusion medicine/HLA typing, plasmid screening, food and agriculture testing, drug discovery, genomics, STR analysis, animal identification, whole genome amplification|
|FTA PlantSaver card|
Safety and Handling
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- P270-Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- P264-Wash A§ thoroughly after handling.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ A§ if you feel unwell.
- P330-Rinse mouth.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to A§.