Vancomycin Hydrochloride, MP Biomedicals™
Indicated for the treatment of serious infections caused by methicillin-resistant strains. Vancomycin Hydrochloride, MP Biomedicals is a glycopeptide antibiotic that blocks bacterial cell wall biosynthesis at the level of peptidoglycan biosynthesis. It is
Brand: MP Biomedicals 02195540.1
Code : NEW
Additional Details : CAS Number : 123409-00-7 Weight : 0.01000kg
Vancomycin, from Streptomyces orientalis, block bacterial cell wall biosynthesis by inhibiting incorporation of terminal D-alanyl-D-alanine moieties of the NAM/NAG-peptides. It also alters bacterial-cell-membrane permeability and RNA synthesis. It is widely studied in cancer patients.
Vancomycin is effective against Gram-positive bacteria. It is only indicated for the treatment of serious, life-threatening infections that are unresponsive to other less-toxic antibiotics. In particular, it is used to treat infections caused by susceptible strains of methicillin-resistant (β-lactam-resistant) staphylococci bacteria. It should not be used to treat methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus, because it is inferior to penicillins such as nafcillin.
|Soluble in water (>100 mg/mL). Moderately soluble in dilute methanol. Insoluble in acetone, alcohols, and ether.|
|2.5 to 4.5 (5% aq. soln.)|
Safety and Handling
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- P101-If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102-Keep out of reach of children.
- P103-Read label before use.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P321-Specific treatment (see on this label).
- P333+P313-If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.