Sodium hydroxide, 98.5%, for analysis, pellets, Thermo Scientific™
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|Aluminum (Al)||5ppm max.|
|Calcium (Ca)||10ppm max.|
|Assay Percent Range||98.5%|
|Fieser||01,1083; 05,616; 07,336; 08,460|
|Iron (Fe)||5ppm max.|
|Lead (Pb)||0.4ppm max.|
|Nickel (Ni)||3ppm max.|
|Nitrogen Compounds||0.0003% max.|
|Potassium (K)||150ppm max.|
|Silver (Ag)||0.3ppm max.|
|Sodium Carbonate||0.5% max.|
|Solubility||Solubility in water: completely soluble. Other solubilities: soluble in alcohol and glycerol, insoluble in acetone|
|Chemical Name or Material||Sodium hydroxide|
|Show More Show Less|
- Sodium hydroxide
- Substances and mixtures corrosive to metals Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- H290-May be corrosive to metals.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
RUO – Research Use Only