Reagecon™ Silver Nitrate, Analytical Volumetric, 0.1M
Determine concentrations using silver nitrate as the titrant. Reagecon™ Silver Nitrate, Analytical Volumetric, 0.1M is perfect for titration of halides, anions that behave like halides, mercaptans and a variety of organic materials.
Brand: Reagecon™ N20100F
Code : NEW
Additional Details : Weight : 1.05600kg Transport : UN number : 3082 Chem class : 1 Pack group : III
- This analytical methodology is based on reactions that yield compounds of limited solubility.
- There is not a very wide range of precipitating agents that can be used gainfully in titrometry and silver nitrate is by far the most important.
- These titrations, (also called argentometric titration) is where silver nitrate is used as the titrant.
- Silver nitrate can be used for determination of halides (Cl-, I-, Br-) and anions that behave like halides (SCN-, CN-, CNO-).
- It can also be used for determination of Mercaptans and organic materials that include Fatty Acids.
- Indicators typically used for precipitation titrations include sodium chromate, fluorescein and iron (III).
- A wide range of standardised silver nitrate titrants are available, some of which are standardised to specifically give a one to one equivalence with sodium chloride in various food stuffs.