Cole-Parmer™ Stuart™ Rotary evaporator, diagonal coil condenser, plastic coated
Compact Digital Rotary evaporator, with Diagonal glassware set, ideal for solvent extraction in a fume cupboard where there are height restrictions. Plastic coated for additional protection when used under vacuum.
Brand: Cole-Parmer™ RE400P
Additional Details : Weight : 12.70000kg
- Digital control
- Can be orientated for left or right handedness
- Simple, counterbalanced lift mechanism
- PTFE/glass liquid pathway for chemical inertness
- Long life graphite impregnated PTFE vacuum seal
- Efficient flask and vapour tube ejection system
A Rotary evaporator is a distillation unit that incorporates an efficient condenser with a rotating sample flask. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, the sample or Florentine flask can additionally be heated by an accessory bath to accelerate the process. The entire system has been designed to be vacuum tight, an accessory vacuum pump can be connected to reduce the overall pressure and hence the boiling point of your sample.
The plastic coated version provides additional safety when using the glassware under vacuum. The plastic coating ensures, that operator injury is less likely, should any glass component fail while under vacuum. The added security of a plastic coated also gives the operator sufficient time to transfer any potentially dangerous chemicals to a suitable vessel without spillage.
- Each unit is also provided with an easy to use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows more solvent to be drawn into the rotating Florentine flask without the need to stop the operation.
- The RE400P rotary evaporator comes with a diagonally orientated glass condenser for standard distillations.
- Glass set 400P
Diagonal coil condenser plastic coated, vapour tube for diagonal condenser, receiving flask 1000ml plastic coated, Florentine flask 1000ml plastic coated, feed tube with stopcock, vacuum seal, conical joint clip, spherical joint clip. (Please note plastic coated glassware is limited to 80°C and therefore unsuitable for use with the RE400OB oil bath)
|385 x 335 x 470 to 610 mm|
|10 to 310 rpm|
|Specimen: Pear shaped TS29/38, Receiver: Round flask S35/20|