Thermo Scientific™ RapID™ STAPH PLUS System
Identify 40 different staphylococci and related genera in just four hours using the this rapid identifcation system based on enzyme technology.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ R8311009
Code : 50
Additional Details : CAS Number : 109-86-4 Weight : 0.10000kg
DescriptionThe RapID STAPH PLUS System is a qualitative micromethod employing conventional and chromogenic substrates for the identification of medically important Staphylococcus species and related organisms which have been isolated from human clinical specimens.
- One-step inoculation—decreased prep time for increased productivity
- Manual microbial identification made easy—no oil, no pipetting, no 24-hr incubation
- Four-hour incubation*—quicker time-to-result for a faster response
- Common procedure—lessened materials usage saves time and money
- Visible color reactions—reduced subjectivity decreases repeat testing
- Better reporting—more coverage, advanced updates
A clear plastic tray contains reagent impregnated wells, allowing simultaneous inoculation of each cavity with a predetermined volume of inoculum. A suspension of test organism in RapID Inoculation Fluid is used as the inoculum which rehydrates and initiates test reactions.
After incubation, each cavity is examined for reactivity by noting the development of a color. In some cases, reagents must be added to the cavities to provide a color change. The resulting pattern of positive and negative scores is used as the basis for identification of the test isolate by comparison of test results to reactivity patterns stored in a database or through the use of a computer-generated Code Compendium (ERIC).
Requires RapID Nitrate A, Part No. R8309003; RapID Nitrate B, Part No. R8309004; RapID Inoculation Fluid, Part No. R8325106.
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products and a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products to offer a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.
|RapID STAPH PLUS System|
Safety and Handling
- Reproductive toxicity Category 1B
- H360Df-May damage the unborn child. Suspected of damaging fertility.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P308+P313-IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.