Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ TMB Substrates
Horseradish peroxidase (HRP) substrates for ELISA that change from blue to yellow upon addition of a sulfuric or phosphoric acid stop solution.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 34021
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 1.81440kg
DescriptionTMB (3,3',5,5' tetramethylbenzidine) is a chromagen that yields a blue color when oxidized with hydrogen peroxide (catalyzed by HRP) with major absorbances at 370 and 652nm. The color then changes to yellow (measured at 450nm) upon addition of sulfuric or phosphoric acid to stop the reaction. TMB is very sensitive and more quickly oxidized than other HRP substrates, resulting in faster color development. Unlike other commercially available substrates, these products contain no DMF or DMSO. There are three formulations that differ primarily in their sensitivities. Slow TMB is intermediate in sensitivity, ideal for kinetic readings. The sensitivity of the Turbo TMB compares to that of OPD used at approximately 1mg/mL. Ultra TMB-ELISA produces the highest signal-to-noise ratio and sensitivity in the picogram range.
- Ready-to-use solutions
- No hydrogen peroxide required
- No filtering required
- Various sensitivities to suit any assay
1-Step TMB Substrates
- Ready-to-use, one-component substrates
- Do not require hydrogen peroxide
- Do not contain DMF or DMSO
- Available in three formulations that vary by sensitivity
TMB Substrate Kit
- More sensitive than OPD in endpoint ELISAs
- Easy to use
- Provides results in seconds
TMB Substrate Kit (PI-34021): Peroxidase substrate, 200mL; Peroxide solution, 200mL
Substrate Solution, 200mL Stable Peroxide Solution
Peroxide Solution, 200mL,
TMB Solution, 200mL
|400mL of 1X substrate (40 microplate assays)|
|Two-component kit with substrate and peroxide solutions|
Safety and Handling
- Pierce TMB Substrate Kit
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Specific target organ toxicity after single exposure Category 1
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H312-Harmful in contact with skin.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H370-Causes damage to organs.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P308+P311-IF exposed or concerned: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : methanol, citric acid