Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Protease Assay Kits
Determine total protease activity in biological samples via fluorescent or colorimetric detection by measuring digestion of labeled casein substrate.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 23263
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.10000kg Transport : UN number : 2924 Chem class : 1 Pack group : II
DescriptionThese Colorimetric and Fluorescent Protease Assay Kits comprise two different methods for measuring total protease activity in biological samples. Both kits can be used to assess the progress of protease purification procedures or to quantify protease contamination in protein samples. The kits use succinylated or fluorescein-tagged casein as a protease substrate. Proteolysis of the substrate results in peptides whose amino groups or altered fluorescence properties enable detection in the respective kits. Protease activity is quantified by comparison to trypsin standard included in each kit.
Casein substrate – measure activity of any protease that cleaves casein into peptide fragments
Trypsin standard – quantify protease activity relative to trypsin, a universally accepted reference
Sensitive – 1000 times more sensitive than assays that use unmodified forms of casein
Simple and fast – test tube and microplate protocols are completed in less than one hour
Homogenous – addition steps only; no separation, transfer or stop steps required
Customizable – easily adapt time, temperature and pH to optimize sensitivity for proteases of interest
- Substrate: succinylated casein (not available separately)
- Basis of assay: detection of primary amines resulting from proteolysis
- Detection reagent: trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBSA)
- Measurement: absorbance at 450nm (plate reader or spectrophotometer)
- Substrate: fluorescein-labeled casein (FITC-casein); available separately as Part No. 23267
- Basis of assay: change in fluorescence resonance (FRET) or fluorescence polarization (FP)
- Measurement: instrument with fluorescein excitation and emission filters (485/538nm)
Modified casein, trypsin standard and Tris-buffered saline (both kits); TNBSA solution (Part No. 23263 only)
Assess functional integrity and overall progress of protease purification; Quantify protease contamination in protein samples; Characterize the activity of unusual proteases compared to trypsin; Evaluate buffer conditions for their affects on protease function and activity
|Pierce Colorimetric Protease Assay Kit|
|Borate Buffer Pack (makes 500mL), 1 pack|
|250 microplate assays using a standard plate reader (absorbance at 450nm)|
|Multi-component kit with TNBSA reagent|
|250 test kit|
Safety and Handling
- Pierce Colorimetric Protease Assay Kit
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 A
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- Specific target organ toxicity after single exposure Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- Reproductive toxicity Category 1A
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H311-Toxic in contact with skin.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H331-Toxic if inhaled.
- H370-Causes damage to organs.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H360D-May damage the unborn child.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P201-Obtain special instructions before use.
- P202-Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/A§.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor / A§
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P337+P313-If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P308+P313-IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
- P370+P378-In case of fire: Use A§ to extinguish.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Methyl alcohol, Trypsin, Sodium tetraboratedecahydrate, Boric acid (H3BO3)