Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Methanol-free Formaldehyde Ampules
Vials of high-quality, methanol-free formaldehyde, a general IHC fixative and reversible amine-crosslinking agent for protein and nucleic acid samples.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 28908
UNSPSC : 41105300
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 50-00-0 Weight : 0.25000kg Transport : UN number : 3334 Chem class : 1 Pack group : III
DescriptionFormaldehyde is a highly reactive, cell-permeable agent that is used as a reversible cross-linking agent for proteins and nucleic acids within the cell or as a general cell-fixing agent for imaging-based applications. Cell permeability allows the reagent to readily enter living cells, enabling intracellular applications, such as protein interaction discovery or bioimaging. Formaldehyde produces reversible cross-links with protein and nucleic acids by coupling neighboring primary amines. Cross-links can be reversed simply by heating the sample.
Pure and stable - prepared directly from pure granular paraformaldehyde and sealed in ampules under an inert atmosphere, ensuring that it is methanol-free and resistant to oxidation
Versatile - use to cross-link molecules in protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interaction discovery, bioimaging and flow cytometry
Aliquot packaging - choose 1mL or 10mL ampules suitable for low- and high-volume applications ranging from culture-targeted cell fixing to in-cell protein cross-linking
Convenient starting concentration - 16% (w/v) formaldehyde solution in ultrapure water simplifies dilution to the required working concentration
|Pierce 16% Formaldehyde (w/v), Methanol-free|
|16% (w/v) solution of paraformaldehyde (pure granular solid)|
|10 x 10mL|
|Applications requiring 10mL aliquots|
Safety and Handling
- 16% Formaldehyde Solution
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- Carcinogenicity Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H312-Harmful in contact with skin.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H351-Suspected of causing cancer.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ A§ if you feel unwell.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/A§.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P201-Obtain special instructions before use.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P333+P313-If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.