Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ DNase I
Improve protein extraction efficiency with this glycosylated polypeptide that cleaves single- and double-stranded DNA in cell lysates.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 90083
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00050kg
DescriptionDeoxyribonuclease I (DNase I) is a single, glycosylated polypeptide that degrades unwanted single- and double-stranded DNA. The enzyme works by cleaving DNA into 5' phosphodinucleotide and small oligonucleotide fragments. DNase I is commonly added to cell lysis reagents to remove the viscosity caused by the DNA content in bacterial cell lysates or to remove the DNA templates from RNAs produced by in vitro transcription. Two grades of DNAse are offered, one sufficient for protein work and one that is useful for any application requiring the digestion of DNA in which it is crucial to avoid damage to RNA.
- Degrades and removes unwanted DNA from samples
- Cleaves both single-stranded and double-stranded DNA
- Compatible with Thermo Scientific Pierce Cell Lysis Reagents
- Reduces viscosity of bacterial lysates (protein extracts) to facilitate pipetting
- Supplied as 50% glycerol stocks in 10mM Tris-HCl pH 7.5, 10mM CaCl2, 10mM MgCl2
- Available in two convenient formats: RNase-tested to protect RNA (Part No. 89835) and convenient protein extraction grade (Part No. 90083)
Elimination of viscosity caused by DNA in protein cell lysates; Removal of DNA templates from RNAs produced by in vitro transcription
|2500U/mL kunitz units of enzyme in 10mM Tris-HCl pH 7.5, 10mM CaCl2, 10mM MgCl2|
|Digesting DNA in cell lysates|