Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Coomassie Plus™ (Bradford) Protein Assay
Brown-to-purple (A595nm), ready-to-use, fast reducing agent-compatible assay reagent to measure total protein concentration vs. protein standard.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 23238
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 7664-38-2 Weight : 1.47420kg Transport : UN number : 3264 Chem class : 8 Pack group : II
DescriptionThe Pierce Coomassie Plus Assay Reagent is a single, ready-to-use solution for measuring protein concentration. Simply add the reagent to equal volumes of samples and standards, mix, then measure the absorbance at 595nm. The assay costs only pennies per sample and can be performed in either test tube or microplate format. The Pierce Coomassie Plus Assay Reagent provides increased linearity of response and only half the protein-to-protein variability of other commercial Bradford assay formulations.
Colorimetric – measure with a standard spectrophotometer or plate reader (595nm)
Easy to use – single reagent; no working reagent preparation required
Fast – almost immediate color development; add, mix, and read results
Broad range – detects protein concentration in the range 1 to 1500μg/mL
Better – improved linearity and response-uniformity compared to traditional Bradford formulations
Flexible – microplate and cuvet protocols provided with the instructions and adaptable to several target working ranges
|Pierce Coomassie Plus (Bradford) Protein Assay Reagent|
|Proprietary acidic solution containing coomassie G-250 dye|
|200 tube assays or 1000 microplate assays (standard sold separately)|
Safety and Handling
- Coomassie PlusTM Protein Assay Reagent
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 2
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H312-Harmful in contact with skin.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H371-May cause damage to organs.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P331-Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P305-IF IN EYES:.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : phosphoric acid, methanol