Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ BCA™ Protein Assay, Reducing Agent Compatible (RAC)
Reducing agent-compatible version of our popular BCA Reagent Kit to measure protein concentration in samples containing DTT or BME thiol-reductants.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 23250
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.27500kg Transport : UN number : 3316 Chem class : 1 Pack group : III
DescriptionThe BCA Protein Assay Kit - Reducing Agent Compatible (BCA-RAC) provides all of the advantages of the original BCA Assay, plus compatibility with disulfide reducing agents at concentrations routinely used in protein sample buffers. This special adaptation of the popular Pierce BCA Protein Assay method enables accurate protein concentration measurement for samples containing DTT, 2-ME or TCEP. Available in tube and microplate formats, these reducing agent compatible (RAC) BCA Kits extend the already broad reagent compatibility of the BCA Protein Assay protocol to include nearly all types of components commonly present in protein research samples.
Compatible – assay samples that contain up to 5mM DTT, 35mM BME, or 10mM TCEP
BCA technology – only a slight modification of the standard BCA Protein Assay protocol (15-minute incubation with Compatibility Reagent); no precipitation steps required
Small samples – requires only 25μL (standard kit) or less than 10μL (microplate kit) of sample
Colorimetric – measure with a standard spectrophotometer or plate reader (562nm)
Excellent uniformity – exhibits less protein-to-protein variation than dye-binding methods
High linearity – linear working range for BSA equals 125 to 2000μg/mL
BCA Reagents A and B, Compatibility Reagent, Reconstitution Buffer, and Albumin Standard (2mg/mL); Microplate kit also includes assay-compatible 96-well microplates
|Pierce BCA Tube Protein Assay Kit, Reducing Agent Compatible (RAC)|
|BCA Reagent A, 250mL|
|250 tube assays|
|Five-component kit with BCA reagents and standard|
Safety and Handling
- Pierce BCA Protein Assay Kit - Reducing Agent Compatible
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- ACUTE AQUATIC Acute 1
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 2
- H301-Toxic if swallowed.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H400-Very toxic to aquatic life.
- H411-Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P284-[In case of inadequate ventilation] wear respiratory protection.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P391-Collect spillage.
- P342+P311-If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/ A§.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor / A§
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to A§.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : sodium carbonate, [2, 2'-Biquinoline]-4,4'-dicarboxylic acid, sodium salt (1:2), Sulfuric acid copp