Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ BCA™ Protein Assay
Green-to-blue (A562nm), precise, detergent-compatible assay reagent to measure total protein concentration vs. protein standard.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 23224
Code : PN
Additional Details : CAS Number : 47-05-7 Weight : 1.81440kg Transport : UN number : 3082 Chem class : 1 Pack group : III
- Colorimetric – estimate visually or measure with a standard spectrophotometer or plate reader (562nm)
- Excellent uniformity – exhibits less protein-to-protein variation than dye-binding methods
- Compatible – unaffected by typical concentrations of most ionic and nonionic detergents
- Moderately fast – much easier and four times faster than the classical Lowry method
- High linearity – linear working range for BSA equals 20 to 2000µg/mL
- Sensitive – detect down to 5µg/mL with the enhanced protocol
- Studying protein:protein interactions
- Measuring column fractions after affinity chromatography
- Estimating percent recovery of membrane proteins from cell extracts
- High-throughput screening of fusion proteins
|Pierce BCA Protein Assay Reagent B|
|4% copper sulfate pentahydrate solution|
|5000 microplate assays when mixed with Reagent A|
Safety and Handling
- Pierce(R) BCA Protein Assay Reagent B, 25 mL
- ACUTE AQUATIC Acute 1
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 2
- H400-Very toxic to aquatic life.
- H411-Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P391-Collect spillage.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Copper (II) sulfatepentahydrate