Nitric acid, extra pure, 60% solution in water, Thermo Scientific™
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|CAS Min %||59.0, 37.0|
|CAS Max %||63.0, 41.0|
|Fieser||01,733; 03,212; 04,356; 05,474|
|Merck Index||15, 6663|
|Percent Purity||59.0 to 63.0%|
|Iron (Fe)||5ppm max.|
|Solubility||Solubility in water: >100 g/100mL (20°C).|
|Color||Colorless to Yellow|
|Chemical Name or Material||Nitric acid|
|Show More Show Less|
- Nitric acid, 20-64%
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Substances and mixtures corrosive to metals Category 1
- H290-May be corrosive to metals.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H331-Toxic if inhaled.
- EUH071-Corrosive to the respiratory tract.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
RUO – Research Use Only