Thermo Scientific™ Nalgene™ Rapid-Flow™ Sterile Disposable Filter Units with PES Membrane
Increase filtration efficiency. PES membranes and exclusive Rapid-Flow design provide fast flow rates and high throughput while defending against cell culture contamination.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 166-0045
Code : 54
Additional Details : Weight : 3.00000kg
- Filter cup unscrews from storage bottle for easy access to filtrate
- Leakproof† (except 115 mL sizes) screw cap closure eliminates pH shift in storage bottle for longer life of stored media
- Upper chamber of filter units is clearly marked with pore size, membrane type, catalog number, lot number and expiration date (except 115 mL size)
- Padless membrane support minimizes foaming of proteinaceous samples
- Non-pyrogenic and non-cytotoxic
- PES membrane with blue collar
- Gamma radiation-sterilized and individually bagged for a 5-year sterile shelf life
Polyethersulfone (PES) Membrane
- PES is the best membrane for cell culture fluids; lowest protein binding to maintain protein balance, lowest extractables to maintain media purity
- Asymmetric PES membrane plus unique Rapid-Flow support plate design provides fast flow and high throughput of fluids for increased filtration efficiency
- 0.2μm units protect against bacterial contamination
- 0.1μm units also protect against Mycoplasma contamination
- Compact filter units for quick filtration of 50-100mL of fluid
- Unitary construction with non-separable upper and receiver components
- Not intended for post-filtration storage of media (use Rapid-Flow products if media storage is required)
- 115mL sizes do not have Rapid-Flow support plate design
Polystyrene cover; graduated upper chamber and storage bottle (except 115 mL size); integral membrane filter; cellulosic-plugged side arm; quick-disconnect tubing adapter.
† The term “leakproof” applies to Thermo Scientific Nalgene products that meet the following criteria: a) Bottle/flask/funnel closure systems with closures smaller than 100mm, after they are filled with water, inverted, withstand air pressure of 2psig for 2 minutes, and no water escapes;. b) Bottle/funnel/flask closure systems of larger than 100mm after they are filled with water, inverted for 15 minutes, and no water escapes. Note: these tests, using other liquids, may not yield the same results. To ensure safe usage, customers are advised to test Thermo Scientific Nalgene bottles and closures under conditions of their planned applications. Thermo Scientific Nalgene products are leakproof at ambient temperature and pressure when used with their Nalgene closures.
Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.