Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent
Offer maximum volatility with the Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ TS-48910
Code : A0
Additional Details : Weight : 1.81440kg Transport : UN number : 1993 Chem class : 3 Pack group : III
- Trimethylsilyl donor strength comparable to BSA and BSTFA
- Reacts to replace labile hydrogens on a wide range of polar compounds with a Si(CH3)3 group
- Used to prepare volatile and thermally stable derivatives for GC and MS
- Volatile byproduct, N-methyltrifluoroacetamide, has an even lower retention time than MSTFA
- Often TMS derivatives of small molecules can be analyzed when derivatized with MSTFA because the byproducts and the reagent itself usually elute with the solvent front
- Addition of Thermo Scientfic TMCS aids derivatization of amides, secondary amines and hindered hydroxyls not derivatized by MSTFA alone
|2°C to 8°C|
|10 x 1 mL ampules|
|98 to 100%|
Safety and Handling
- Flammable liquid Category 3
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H226-Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P240-Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- P241-Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment.
- P243-Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P370+P378-In case of fire: Use to extinguish.
- P403+P233-Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Acetamide, 2, 2, 2-trifluoro-N-methyl-N-(trimethylsilyl)-