Thermo Scientific™ Methoxamine (MOX) Reagent
Prepare oximes of steroids and ketoacids prior to silylation with the Thermo Scientific™ Methoxamine (MOX) Reagent.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ TS-45950
Code : 16
Additional Details : CAS Number : 110-86-1 Weight : 1.81440kg Transport : UN number : 2924 Chem class : 3 Pack group : II
- 2% methoxyamine·HCl (M.W. 83.51) in pyridine
- Prevents formation of multiple derivatives when enols are present during silylation
- Supplied in amber Thermo Scientific Hypo-Vial Sample Storage Vial with septum and crimp top
|2°C to 8°C|
|Pyridine, Methoxyammonium chloride|
|95 - 98, 1 - 3%|
|Preparing Oximes of Steroids and Ketoacids|
|Hypo-Vial Container; 10 mL|
Safety and Handling
- MOX Reagent, 10 mL
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H312-Harmful in contact with skin.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P370+P378-In case of fire: Use to extinguish.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P403+P235-Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Pyridine
Limited warranty period: Subject to all warranty requirements and exclusions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, this product is warranted from the date we ship the product and for ninety (90) days thereafter. Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.