Invitrogen™ LIVE/DEAD™ Fixable Yellow Dead Cell Stain Kit, for 405 nm excitation
Determines the viability of cells prior to the fixation and permeabilization required for intracellular antibody staining or prior to elimination of biohazardous materials using formaldehyde fixation.
Brand: Invitrogen™ L34959
Code : 50
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00450kg
- Stable—dyes are freeze dried in separate vials to maintain stability
- Robust—staining pattern is the same before and after fixation
- Low compensation—minimal spectral overlap between other fluorophores
- Packaged in 40-test vials to help ensure the stability and performance of the dye over time.
- Amine reactive dyes in solution will lose their effectiveness over a short period of time, therefore it is recommended to completely use the vial once rehydrated.
- An amine reactive dye that binds covalently to intracellular and extracellular amines, and the staining pattern is preserved following formaldehyde fixation.
- Fluorescent properties to minimize compensation between other violet dyes and dyes that excite off of the 488 nm blue laser.
- The yellow-fluorescent reactive dye has an excitation maximum of ~405 nm, but it is excited well with the 405 nm violet laser, and it has an emission maxima of ~570 nm, so it can be collected in the second or third channel on most violet laser flow cytometers.
- In cells with compromised membranes, the dye reacts with free amines both in the cell interior and on the cell surface, yielding intense fluorescent staining.
- In viable cells, the dye's reactivity is restricted to the cell-surface amines, resulting in less intense fluorescence.
- The difference in intensity is typically greater than 50-fold between live and dead cells, allowing for easy discrimination.
|Contains 5 vials of LIVE/DEAD™ fixable dead cell stain and 500 µL DMSO. Store at -20°C.|
|LIVE/DEAD™, Molecular Probes™|
|LIVE/DEAD™ Fixable Yellow Dead Cell Stain|
|Other Label(s) or Dye(s)|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.