Thermo Scientific™ Imperial™ Protein Stain
Detect proteins in the low-nanogram range with this ready-to-use, in-gel, colorimetric stain formulated to deliver fast and sensitive SDS-PAGE staining.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 24615
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 1.00000kg Transport : UN number : 3264 Chem class : 8 Pack group : III
Thermo Scientific™ Imperial Protein Stain is a unique, ready-to-use colorimetric stain formulated with coomassie dye R-250 that delivers fast and sensitive total protein staining performance for low nanogram-level detection of proteins in polyacrylamide electrophoresis gels.Imperial Protein Stain is a coomassie dye reagent for detection of protein bands in sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and 2D gels. The stain is a unique formulation of coomassie brilliant blue R-250 that delivers substantial improvements in protein-staining performance compared to homemade or other commercial stains. Staining results in intensely colored protein bands that are easy to photograph and document with gel imagers. This reagent is one of the most sensitive colorimetric stains available, easily detecting 3 to 6 nanograms of protein per band. The Imperial Protein Stain protocol uses simple water-wash steps rather than methanol/acetic acid fixation and destaining, which saves valuable preparation time and minimizes reagent costs.
Sensitive – detects less than 3ng protein per band with the enhanced protocol (3 hours)
Fast – ready-to-use reagent detects less than 6ng protein per band in just 20 minutes
Robust – highly consistent, reproducible protein staining technique
High contrast – intense purple bands are easier to photograph or scan than typical coomassie blue stains
Versatile – compatible with downstream mass spectrometry analysis and protein sequencing
Convenient – water washes only; no acid-fixative or methanol destaining solutions required
Stable – 1-year room-temperature stability ensures consistent performance and saves refrigerator space
Flexible – adjust staining and washing times to meet time- and sensitivity-requirements
|In-Blot Detection, In-Gel Detection|
Safety and Handling
- IMPERIAL PROTEIN STAIN, 1 L
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P337+P313-If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Acetic acid, Ethyl alcohol