Cytiva blood genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit
Designed for the rapid extraction and purification of high molecular weight genomic DNA (gDNA) from whole blood, buffy coat, bone marrow and nucleated red blood cells.
Brand: Cytiva 28-9042-64
Code : GE
Additional Details : CAS Number : 9048-46-8 Weight : 1.99580kg
The purification process involves minimal shearing with typical yields of 4 to 6 μg of genomic DNA per 200μL sample with volumes accommodated up to 1mL. The method uses chaotropic agents to extract DNA from blood cells, denature protein components, and promote the selective binding of DNA to a novel silica-membrane. The elution volume can be modified as necessary for most downstream molecular biological applications.
- High-quality genomic DNA with a greater proportion of higher molecular weight DNA and less shearing
- Demonstrated application to various types of whole blood including human, horse, rabbit, rat and mouse
- Increased ease of use with reduced pipetting volume changes, one centrifugation setting, and color-coded kit components
- Validated in several downstream applications including real-time PCR, endpoint PCR, multiplex PCR, and restriction enzyme digests
|illustra blood genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit is designed for the rapid extraction and purification of high molecular weight genomic DNA (gDNA) from whole blood, buffy coat, bone marrow, and nucleated red blood cells.|
|Spin columns prepacked with a novel Silica membrane, Lyophilized Proteinase K powder, Lysis solution, wash and Elution Buffers, microcentrifuge collection tubes, a full protocol booklet and a detachable, quick reference protocol card|
|illustra blood genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit|
|50 μl whole blood, Buffy coat, bone marrow cells, 2 μl nucleated blood†, 300 μl whole blood‡|
|4-6 μg/200 μl whole blood|
|Used for several downstream applications including real-time PCR, endpoint PCR, multiplex PCR, and restriction enzyme digestsSuitable for use in molecular biology applications including standard, multiplex and quantitative PCR; cloning; haplotyping; rest|
|< 20 min|
Safety and Handling
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P301+P312-IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician/ if you feel unwell.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .