Thermo Scientific™ SspI
The SspI restriction enzyme recognizes AAT^ATT sites and cuts best at 37°C in G buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0772
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
Description5'...A A T▵A T T...3'
3'...T T A▵T A A...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer G:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA.Incubate at 37°C
- SspI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 10-fold overdigestion with SspI, more than 90% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap — no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
Greater than 10-fold overdigestion with SspI may result in star activity.