Thermo Scientific™ SalI
The SalI restriction enzyme recognizes G^TCGAC sites and cuts best at 37°C in O buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0642
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.02000kg
Description5'...G▵T C G A C...3'
3'...C A G C T▵G...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer O:50mM Tris-HCl (pH7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- SalI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C),100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with SalI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: completely overlaps — blocked
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps — no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
- Eco88I, SmoI, XhoI
Low salt, high glycerol (>5%) concentrations, pH >8.0 or a large excess of enzyme may result in star activity. Supercoiled forms of pBR322 and pUC require 10-fold overdigestion with SalI to achieve complete digestion. Incubation at 25°C results in 50-75% activity.
|5 x 1,500U|