Thermo Scientific™ PvuI
The PvuI restriction enzyme recognizes CGAT^CG sites and cuts best at 37°C in R buffer (Isoschizomers: BpvUI, MvrI, Ple19I).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0622
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
5'..C G A T▵C G...3'
3'..G C▵T A G C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer R:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- PvuI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 300mM KCl, 0.1mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with PvuI, more than 90% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and more than 95% of these can be recut
- Dam: completely overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: completely overlaps —blocked
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
- Bsp119I, Bsu15I, Hin1I, Hin6I, HpaII, MaeII, MspI, NarI, Psp1406I, SsiI, XmiI