Thermo Scientific™ PstI
The PstI restriction enzyme recognizes CTGCA^G sites and cuts best at 37°C in O buffer (Isoschizomers: BspMAI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0612
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.02000kg
5'..C T G C A▵G...3'
3'..G▵A C G T C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer O:50mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- PstI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C), 200mM NaCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.15% Triton X-100, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with PstI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
- Alw21I, ApaI, BseSI, Eco24I, Mph1103I, PstI, SacI, SdaI
Conditions of high pH, low salt, high glycerol, 8% DMSO can cause star activity (Malyguine, E., et al., Gene, 8, 163-177, 1980). Surrounding sequences: the presence of adjacent runs of G-C base pairs confers significant resistance to cleavage (Armstrong, K. and Bauer, W.R., NAR, 10, 993-1007, 1982). 100% dUTP incorporation at the recognition site reduces PstI cleavage to 25% (Glenn, T.C., et al., Biotechniques, 17, 1086-1090, 1994). PstI will not cut AGCTGCAG when methylated by AluI methyltransferase.
|5 x 3,000U|