Thermo Scientific™ PaeI (SphI)
The PaeI (SphI) restriction enzyme recognizes GCATG^C sites and cuts best at 37°C in B buffer (Isoschizomers: BbuI, SphI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0602
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'...G C A T G▵C...3'
3'...C▵G T A C G...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer B: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- PaeI is supplied in: 10mM potassium-phosphate (pH 7.0 at 25°C), 50mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.15% Triton X-100, 0.5mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with PaeI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —blocked
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
- Hin1II, XceI