Thermo Scientific™ MspI (HpaII)
The MspI (HpaII) restriction enzyme recognizes C^CGG sites and cuts best at 37°C in Tango buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0541
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
5'...C▵C G G...3'
3'...G G C▵C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer Tango™: 33mM Tris-acetate (pH 7.9 at 37°C), 10mM Mg-acetate, 66mM K-acetate and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- MspI is supplied in: 10mM potassium phosphate (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 200mM NaCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: completely overlaps —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
- Bsp119I, Bsu15I, Hin1I, Hin6I, MaeII, NarI, Psp1406I, SsiI, TaqI, XmiI
MspI is an isoschizomer of HpaII. When the external C in the sequence CCGG is methylated, MspI and HpaII cannot cleave. However, unlike HpaII, MspI can cleave the sequence when the internal C residue is methylated.
This product or the use of this product is covered US patent application US20100041739A1 and corresponding counterparts owned by Fermentas. The purchase of this product includes a non-transferable license to use this product for the purchaser's internal research. All other commercial uses of this product, including without limitation product use for diagnostic purposes, resale of product in the original or any modified form or product use in providing commercial services require a separate license from Fermentas.