Thermo Scientific™ MboII
The MboII restriction enzyme recognizes GAAGA(8/7)^ sites and cuts best at 37°C in B buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0822
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
5'...G A A G A (N)8▵...3'
3'...C T T C T (N)7▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer B: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- MboII is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 50mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: may overlap —blocked
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —no effect
Assayed using lambda DNA (dam) (#SD0021). MboII is blocked by overlappingdam methylation. To avoiddam methylation, use adam,dcm- strain such as GM2163 (#M0099). Greater than 15-fold overdigestion with MboII may result in star activity. MboII produces DNA fragments that have a single-base 3 extension which are more difficult to ligate than blunt-ended fragments. MboII may remain associated with the cleaved DNA. This may cause DNA band shifting during electrophoresis. To avoid atypical DNA band patterns, use the 6X DNA Loading Dye & SDS Solution for sample preparation or heat the digested DNA in the presence of SDS prior to electrophoresis.