Thermo Scientific™ LweI (SfaNI)
The LweI (SfaNI) restriction enzyme recognizes GCATC(5/9)^ sites and cuts best at 37°C in Tango buffer (Isoschizomers: SfaNI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1622
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00800kg
5'..G C A T C (N)5▵...3'
3'..C G T A G (N)9▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer Tango™: 33mM Tris-acetate (pH7.9 at 37°C), 10mM Mg-acetate, 66mM K-acetate and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- LweI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —cleavage impaired
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —effect not determined
LweI may remain associated with the cleaved DNA. This may cause DNA band shifting during electrophoresis. To avoid atypical DNA band patterns, use the 6X DNA Loading Dye & SDS Solution for sample preparation or heat the digested DNA in the presence of SDS prior to electrophoresis. At least two copies of LweI recognition site are required for efficient cleavage.