Thermo Scientific™ KpnI
The KpnI restriction enzyme recognizes GGTAC^C sites and cuts best at 37°C in its own unique buffer (Isoschizomers: Asp718I).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0523
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
5'..G G T A C▵C...3'
3'..C▵C A T G G...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer KpnI: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 0.02% Triton X-100 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- KpnI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 50mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: may overlap —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps —no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5U of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
High glycerol (>5%) concentrations, pH>8.0 or a large excess of enzyme may result in star activity.