Thermo Scientific™ FspAI
The FspAI restriction enzyme recognizes RTGC^GCAY sites and cuts best at 37°C in O buffer.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER1661
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 1.51950kg
More than 80% of the digested DNA fragments can be ligated and more than 90% can be recut at a 5ft.-termini concentration of 0.2μM after a 50-fold overdigestion (3U/μg DNA x 17 hours) with FspAI.
5'...R T G C▵G C A Y...3'
3'...Y A C G▵C G T R...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer O: 50mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- FspAI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: completely overlaps — blocked
- EcoKI: may overlap — effect not determined
- EcoBI: may overlap — effect not determined
Low salt, high glycerol (>5%) concentrations, pH >8.0 or a large excess of enzyme may result in star activity.