Thermo Scientific™ Eco147I (StuI)
The Eco147I (StuI) restriction enzyme recognizes AGG^CCT sites and cuts best at 37°C in B buffer (Isoschizomers: AatI, PceI, SseBI, StuI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0422
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
5'...A G G▵C C T...3'
3'...T C C▵G G A...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer B:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- Eco147I is supplied in:
- 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with Eco147I, more than 90% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: may overlap — blocked
- CpG: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap — effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
Eco147I is blocked by overlappingdcm methylation. To avoiddcm methylation, use adam,dcm- strain such as GM2163 (#M0099).