Thermo Scientific™ Eam1104I (EarI)
The Eam1104I (EarI) restriction enzyme recognizes CTCTTC(1/4)^ sites and cuts best at 37°C in Tango buffer (Isoschizomers: Bst6I, EarI).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ ER0231
UNSPSC : 12352204
Code : 88
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00800kg
5'...C T C T T C (N)1▵...3'
3'...G A G A A G (N)4▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer Tango™:
- 33mM Tris-acetate (pH 7.9 at 37 C), 10 mM Mg-acetate, 66 mM K-acetate and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- Eam1104I is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with Eam1104I, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: may overlap — no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
Certain sites in lambda DNA are difficult to cleave with Eam1104I, the same as with its prototype Ksp632I.