Thermo Scientific™ Cypridina Luciferase Reporter Assay Vectors
Drive Cypridina luciferase expression as a reporter for gene regulation studies using vectors with a multiple cloning site (MCS) or control promoter (CMV or TK).
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 16150
Code : PN
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
DescriptionThe Cypridina Luc Vectors contain a gene cloned from the marine ostracod, Cypridina noctiluca. The gene encodes a naturally-secreted bioluminescent Cypridina luciferase (62kDa), which enables measurement of the reporter activity in media (for real-time assays) and in cell lysates. The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential. The pCMV and pTK vectors have the luciferase gene under the CMV (Cytomegalovirus) promoter and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, respectively. These constitutive expression vectors can be used as normalization controls to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
- Naturally-secreting Cypridina luciferase gene, optimized for high expression in mammalian systems
- Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
- Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
- Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
- High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
- Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
|pCMV-Cypridina Luc Vector|
|DNA at 0.5ug/uL in 10mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.5|
|Constitutive expression for controls in Cypridina luciferase assays|