Corning™ Matrigel™ Membrane Matrix
Produces a biologically active matrix material resembling the mammalian cellular basement matrix. Corning™ Matrigel™ Membrane Matrix provides a physiologically relevant environment for studies of cell morphology, biochemical function, migration, invasion, and gene expression.
Brand: Corning™ 354234
Code : 66
Additional Details : Weight : 0.03000kg
Solubilized basement membrane preparations polymerize at room temperature.
- Source: Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) mouse tumor
- Base formulation: Dulbecco's Modified Eagle's Medium with 50μg/mL gentamycin, with or without Phenol Red
Phenol Red-free is available for assays that require color detection, including fluorescence assays
- Tested for the ability to promote neurite outgrowth of chick dorsal root ganglia cells
- Tested and found negative for LDEV/LDHV, bacteria, fungi, and mycoplasma
- Mouse colonies routinely screened for pathogens via Mouse Antibody Production (MAP) testing
- Extensive PCR testing is performed to screen for a number of pathogens
- Protein concentrations determined by Lowry method
- Endotoxin units measured by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate assay
- Matrigel Matrix gel stability tested for a period of 14 days at 37°C
- Biological activity determined for each lot using a neurite outgrowth assay.
|Cell growth and differentiation; metabolism/toxicology studies; invasion assays; in vitro and in vivo angiogenesis assays; in vivo angiogenesis studies and augmentation of tumors in immunosuppresssed mice|
|Basement membrane matrix|
|Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm Mouse Tumor|