Pro-Lab Diagnostics™ Crystal Violet Stain, Concentrated
Use for convenient Gram staining to easily identify gram positive or negative organisms. Pro-Lab Diagnostics™ Crystal Violet Stain, Concentrated is a 10x concentrated microbiological stain manufactured to the highest standards, according to all regulatory requirements, and CE labelled.
Brand: Pro-Lab Diagnostics™ PL8000
Code : 04
Additional Details : CAS Number : 64-17-5 Weight : 0.10300kg Transport : UN number : 1993 Chem class : 3 Pack group : III
Pro-Lab Diagnostics™ stains are manufactured in purpose-designed laboratories to the highest standards using the finest raw materials. Strict quality control and filtering techniques are employed prior to release to ensure that all stains offer excellent performance characteristics.
- 10X concentrated – 100mL is diluted to 1L of ready-to-use stain
- Crystal Violet is the primary stain of the Gram staining method
- Stains the cell walls of organisms and is retained in Gram-positive bacteria after decolorization
|(EC) No 1907/2006, Annex II, (EU) No 453/2010, CE-mark|
|For Gram staining|
|Ethanol, C.I. basic violet 3, Methanol|
|100mL (yields 1L ready-to-use stain)|
Safety and Handling
- Crystal Violet Concentrate
- Flammable liquid Category 3
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Carcinogenicity Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 2
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 2
- H226-Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H351-Suspected of causing cancer.
- H371-May cause damage to organs.
- H411-Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P270-Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .
- P201-Obtain special instructions before use.
- P233-Keep container tightly closed.
- P240-Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- P241-Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment.
- P242-Use only non-sparking tools.
- P243-Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P264-Wash thoroughly after handling.
- P271-Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P370+P378-In case of fire: Use to extinguish.
- P391-Collect spillage.
- P308+P311-IF exposed or concerned: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P403+P235-Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.
- P405-Store locked up.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : ethanol, C.I. basicviolet 3, methanol