Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Salt, MP Biomedicals™
Used as a suspending agent, stabilizer and viscosity-increasing agent. Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Salt, MP Biomedicals is a high viscosity carboxymethylcellulose (CMC). The viscosity is both concentration and temperature dependent.
Brand: MP Biomedicals 0215056192
Code : NEW
Additional Details : CAS Number : 9004-32-4 Weight : 3.00000kg
The viscosity of is CMC is both concentration and temperature dependent. The viscosity of a 1% solution in water at 25°C is 1300-2200 centipoise (cps). As the temperature increases, the viscosity decreases. As the concentration increases, the viscosity increases.
CMC has a wide variety of industrial, manufacturing and pharmacological uses. It is used as a suspending agent and viscosity modifier (thickener) to stabilize emulsions. Its high viscosity is used to make a mixture which resembles a cream or lotion.
- In drilling muds
- In detergents as a soil-suspending agent
- As a chemical dispersant of oils and other carbon structures such as nanotubes
- In resin emulsion paints, adhesives, printing inks, textile sizes
- As protective colloid in general
- As stabilizer in foods
- In pharmaceuticals as a suspending agent, tablet excipient and viscosity-increasing agent
- In the development of biostructures for drug delivery, such as biofilms, emulsions and nanoparticles
|carboxymethylcellulose sodium usp, celluvisc tn, carmellose sodium jp17, sodium dextrose acetate, c.m.c. tn|
|Soluble in aqueous solution. High viscosity CMC is soluble at up to 50mg/mL concentration but heat may be required.|