GE Healthcare BAS Storage Phosphor Screens
Use phosphor screens to capture latent images produced by ionizing radiation. GE Healthcare™ BAS Storage Phosphor Screens emit light upon laser-induced stimulation in proportion to the amount of radioactivity in the sample.
Brand: GE Healthcare 28-9564-81
UNSPSC : 45120000
Code : GX
Additional Details : Weight : 0.53600kg
DescriptionStorage phosphor screens capture latent images produced by ionising radiation (X-rays, beta, and gamma emissions from isotopes such as 14C, 3H, 125I, 131I, 32P, 33P, 35S, etc.). Upon laser-induced stimulation, light is emitted from the storage phosphor screen in proportion to the amount of radioactivity in the sample. The resulting digital image allows for quantitation of subtle signal intensity differences over a wide dynamic range using storage phosphor imaging systems such as Typhoon, Storm, and PhosphorImager. Typically, 50% to 90% less exposure time is required compared with an equivalent exposure to conventional film. Publication quality images are often obtained in a single exposure. Storage phosphor screens are reusable and are not degraded by repeated exposure to laboratory levels of radioactivity. To reuse, simply expose a screen to the extra-bright light of ImageEraser light box. General Purpose (GP) and Multipurpose Standard (MS) screens are reliable for a wide variety of applications and can be used with 32P, 125I, 35S, 33P, and 14C. The durable cellulose acetate coating and the phosphor layer formulation make the GP and MS screens well suited for 32P and 125I detection and quantitation. They are the screens of choice for 32P Northerns and Southerns and 125I Western blots and gels.
- Requires approximately one-tenth the exposure time of traditional autoradiography film.
- Ten to one hundred times more sensitive than film, depending on isotope and sample type.
- Wide linear dynamic range (five orders of magnitude) enables quantitation and visualisation of both weak and strong signals in a single exposure.
- Reusable screens do not require chemicals, darkroom, or other special treatment for use.
- Each step can be performed at the lab bench under normal lighting conditions and at room temperature.
- Results are digitised using a storage phosphor imaging system (e.g., Typhoon, Storm, or PhosphorImager) and quantitated using ImageQuant software.
|BAS Storage Phosphor Screens|
|Model: BAS-IP TR 2040 E; Tritium; Dimensions: 40L x 20cmW|