Invitrogen™ RNase Cocktail™ Enzyme Mix
Endonuclease-free, exonuclease-free, protease-free
Brand: Invitrogen™ AM2286
Code : 50
Additional Details : Weight : 0.10500kg
RNase Cocktail™ is mixture of two highly purified ribonucleases, RNase A (500U/mL) and RNase T1 (20,000U/mL) and is free of DNase and nicking activities. Digestion of RNA with RNase A alone leaves fragments of RNA which are large enough to be visible on agarose gels and precipitate in ethanol. RNase A cuts after C and U residues, and RNase T1 cuts after G residues. Consequently, mixture of both enzymes results in reduction in RNA fragment size over use of either alone.
- Use RNase Cocktail for all situations, desirable to degrade RNA, i.e. plasmid minipreps and ribonuclease protection assays
- RNase Cocktail is supplied in 50% glycerol for maximum convenience
- Unit concentration: RNase A at 500U/mL and RNase T1 at 20,000U/mL
- Quality Control: RNase Cocktail Enzyme Mix is rigorously tested for contaminating nonspecific endonuclease, exonuclease, and protease activity; functionality is determined in ribonuclease protection assay
- Unit Definitions: RNase A: One unit of RNase A is amount required to give increase in absorption at 286nm of 0.0146 absorbance units per minute in a 1mL volume
- Unit assay conditions: 100mM Tris-acetate (pH 6.5), 1mM EDTA and 1mM cyclic 2', 3'-CMP
- RNase T1: 100 Units of RNase T1 is amount of enzyme that yields an increase in absorption at 260nm of 0.01428 units per min. at room temperature using 60μg/mL yeast total RNA as a substrate
DNA & RNA Purification & Analysis, DNA Extraction, Maxiprep, Midiprep, Miniprep, Nuclease Protection Assays, Nucleic Acid Gel Electrophoresis & Blotting, Plasmid DNA Purification
|RNase A = 500 U⁄ml; RNase T1 = 20,000 U⁄ml|
|Ambion™ RNase Cocktail™ is an enzyme mix which contains two highly purified ribonucleases, RNase A and RNase T1. Unit concentration is: RNase A at 500 U⁄ml and RNase T1 at 20,000 U⁄ml.
Store at -20°C. Do not store in a frost-free freezer.
|Endonuclease-Free, Protease-Free, Exonuclease-Free|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.