Clamps, Stands and Supports
Fisherbrand™ Thin PTFE Sleeves
Elongated cones of microthin (0.05mm) polytetrafluoroethylene film tapered to fit snugly around glass joints.
Thermo Scientific™ MaxQ™ Shaker Universal Clamps, Mats and Racks
Mix and match Thermo Scientific™ MaxQ™ Shaker Universal Clamps, available in a variety of sizes, to suit individual needs in the laboratory. Compatible with MaxQ shaker platforms.
First Safety™ Gas Cylinder Stands and Brackets
All-steel construction cylinder floor stand and wall mounted brackets
Fisherbrand™ Castaloy™ Three-Prong Extension Clamps
Hold irregular shapes at any angle, surely and safely
Fisherbrand™ Low-Cost Cast-Iron Tripod-Base Supports
Finished with chemical-resistant, baked, black enamel
Fisherbrand™ Cast-Iron L-Shaped Base Support Stands
With three mounting holes for supporting groups of equipment concentrated in a small space
Fisherbrand™ Flexaframe™ Swivel Connector
Mounts anywhere on lattice without having to disassemble rods
SPEX™ SamplePrep Large Capacity Clamp Assembly Holders
For use with 2195 large capacity clamp assembly
Bel-Art™ SP Scienceware™ Tubing Clamps: Maxi Clamp
Includes 12-position ratchet control from full open to complete closure. Bel Art™ SP Scienceware™ Tubing Clamps: Maxi will not distort, rust or corrode.
Fisherbrand™ Pure Low Density PTFE Thread Seal Tape
Prevents leaks to ensure a proper seal when connecting items, such as a pressure gauge to an adaptor
Fisherbrand™ Aluminium Lab Frame Rods
Corrosion resistant hard aluminum rods for smooth fit with lab frames.
Thermo Scientific™ Nalgene™ Polypropylene Pinch Clamp
From completely open to restricted flow to completely closed—experience precise, one-hand regulation of fluid flow with the Thermo Scientific™ Nalgene™ Polypropylene Pinch Clamp.
Laboratory clamps, stands and supports are used in combination for holding and securing other items of apparatus such as glassware, tubing, thermometers, probes, columns, funnels and overhead stirrers.
Laboratory clamps consist of a shaft and bosshead secured with thumbscrews onto a supporting rod or scaffold, and adjustable closing jaws for gripping objects safely and securely.
Most are metal clamps for the laboratory, with chemical and heat resistance, although the adjusting screws can be plastic, and the jaws may be lined with cork, plastic or rubber for enhanced grip
What are the different types of lab clamp?
- General purpose plastic clamps
- Retort clamps for round bottom-flasks
- Glass joint clamps for ground glassware
- Three-prong extension clamps for irregular or outsized objects
- Chain clamps, screen support clamps, and other specialised clamps for burettes, condensers or reaction vessels
What are the different kinds of laboratory stands and supports?
- Retort stands are found in many labs, and have a rectangular, ‘H’ shaped or ‘A’- shaped base, and threaded hole(s) accommodating a vertical rod to which clamps or other supports can be secured. Retort stands are usually metal, with a chemically resistant acrylic or powder-coated finish.
- Scaffolding kits, including rods, connectors and feet, can create a bespoke 3D framework for securing various items. Ready-made or reconfigurable lab frames are also available.
- Other supports for flasks, cylinders and apparatus include heavy-duty lab jacks, tripods for Bunsen burners, gas cylinder stands, pH probe stands, funnel stands, filtration unit supports, pipettor stands, thermometer stands, and motor stands for overhead stirrers and mixers.