Tools and implements used for dissection, including scalpels, scissors, pins, suture kits, instrument kits of varying counts, student and teacher kits for many education levels, post-mortem threads, and wetting solutions to help maintain moisture. Products are suitable for use in biological, clinical, veterinary, educational and other environments.
Typical Applications Include:
• Animal or human organ or tissue dissection and examination
• Examination of other materials, such as plant tissues and fungi
• Preparation of samples for other downstream processes, such as microscopy, staining, sectioning, or microtomy/cryotomy
• Education, for student use or teaching/demonstration purposes in the classroom
A typical dissection kit might comprise a set of instruments such as various scalpels, scalpel blades, dissection forceps and tweezers, teaser needles, hooks, seekers, dissection probes, and dissecting scissors, all kept together for safekeeping in a roll-up, draw-tied plastic or canvas wallet, zipped case, or similar holder. Each of these instruments are also widely available as individual items.
Most reusable dissection instruments are manufactured from autoclavable and steam-sterilizable high-grade stainless steel or aluminum. Many of these items are manufactured as precision instruments for compliance with ISO or other specifications or recognized standards. Several items, such as scalpels and tweezers, are made from disposable plastics such as polystyrene.
Other Larger Items of Dissection Equipment not Generally Included in a Dissection Kit Might Include:
• Microtomes or cryotomes
• Bone cutters, bone saws, and awls
• Dissection boards and trays, often made of reusable, easy-to-clean, and autoclavable plastics such as polypropylene
• Disposable, incinerable polythene or foam dissection boards suitable for high-risk, biohazardous materials
• Instrument trays or dishes for use in autoclaves or for safekeeping of instruments when in use
Use this dissecting kit for a variety of applications. Dissecting Sets in Plastic Wallets are suitable for theatre, ward, veterinary, dental and chiropody use.
A basic, 23-piece kit for dissection educational purposes, including a secure storage case.
Use this kit for general laboratory applications. S Murray&trade Stainless Steel Dissecting Set are suitable for theatre, ward, veterinary, dental and chiropody use.