Whatman™ Quantitative Filter Paper: Grade 541 Circles
Recommended when fast filtration of a gelatinous precipitate for gravimetric analysis is performed on a strongly acidic or alkali solution. Whatman™ Quantitative Filter Paper: Grade 541 Circles are acid hardened cellulose filters, which reduces ash to an extremely low level.
Brand: Whatman™ 1541-047
UNSPSC : 41104921
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01100kg
DescriptionWhatman hardened ashless quantitative filter papers are acid-hardened to give high wet strength and chemical resistance with extremely low ash content. They are suitable for a wide range of critical filtration procedures.
- Large nominal particle retention for fast analytical filtration.
- High wet-strength
- High chemical resistance to strong acid and alkali suspensions
- Retention of gelatinous precipitate
- 22 µm nominal particle retention rating
- Fast flow rate (Herzberg filtration speed 34 s)
- Maximum of 0.006% ash concentration
- Quantitative determination of milk sediment
- Use as an animal foodstuff filter for determining fiber content
- Determination of gelatin content in milk and cream
- Quantification of chloride in cement, as well as chloride and phosphorous in coal and coke
|>20 to 25μmm|
|Tough, smooth surface. Coarse gelatinous precipitates. Useful for intermediate stages of gravimetric analysis|