Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Premium Grade Sulfo-NHS-SS-Biotin
Biotin-label antibodies or other proteins and biomolecules in applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount with Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Premium Grade Sulfo-NHS-SS-Biotin, a high-quality formulation of this amine-reactive, cleavable biotinylation reagent.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ PG82078
Code : NEW
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
Thermo Scientific Pierce Premium Grade Sulfo-NHS-SS-Biotin is our highest quality formulation of this amine-reactive, cleavable biotinylation reagent, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount. Sulfo-NHS-SS-biotin is used for cleavable attachment of biotin to protein and cell surface amines.
- High quality - identity and purity confirmed by multiple tests, including quantitative NMR
- Product integrity - enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
- Lot retention - ample supply of past lots retained to help ensure future process testing
- Change management - Change Control Notification (CCN) service
- Consistent manufacture - batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
Sulfo-NHS-SS-biotin is a water-soluble, NHS-ester biotinylation reagent with a spacer arm that includes a cleavable disulfide bond for reversible labeling of proteins and cell surface primary amines. This reagent is water-soluble, enabling biotinylation in the absence of organic solvents such as DMSO or DMF. The compound is particularly useful for labeling and purifying cell surface proteins because its sulfonate group prevents it from permeating cell membranes and its cleavable spacer arm enables initially biotinylated proteins to be released from streptavidin affinity columns.
|Sulfo-NHS ester of biotin with an ethyl-1,3-dithioproprionate spacer|
|Store with desiccant at -20°C.|
|Pierce™ Premium Grade Sulfo-NHS-SS-Biotin|
|Approx. 500 uses to label a total of 11g of IgG using typical conditions|